Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Terms", "Terms and Conditions") carefully before using the theCarAdvertiser.com (referred to as the "Service") operated by Plexos Ltd ("us", "we", or "our").
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service. By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
theCarAdvertiser.com provides the functionality for website visitors to create their own free user accounts to create online vehicle adverts. This service is available for private or trade sellers. Advertised vehicles, genuinity of their condition, details and corresponding photos are the responsibility of the account holder. theCarAdvertiser.com is not involved in the purchase process of any vehicles advertised, neither it holds responsibility for misadvertisement, photo copyright infringement or related disputes, but maintains the right to suspend any user accounts or remove any vehicle adverts temporarily or permanently without any prior notice if breach of agreement, fraud or offensive content is suspected without being liable for any loss occuring of missold vehicles or for any other reason. No refund is given in such events for any removed adverts by the website provider.
Registered user account holders (private and trade sellers) agree to place genuine adverts only without the intention to mislead or offend website audience and/or cause damage or loss to customers by the best of their knowledge. Misuse of service may results in removed adverts or disabled user accounts for an unlimited time, for which no compansation can be claimed if resulting in financial loss. theCarAdvertiser.com may limit the number of adverts per user account. Photographic content uploaded by the account holder must be genuinely representing the current condition of the vehicle. During upload the images may be cropped or altered resulting in loss of details and/or resolution to optimize website performance. The number of photos are limited per advert. While the service providers of theCarAdvertiser.com work to provide a high availability, they cannot guarantee 100% uptime, due to planned periodical site maintenance or any unforeseen reason (e.g. hosting provider downtime), therefore cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage occured during downtime of services.
theCarAdvertiser.com offers a paid online advertising service by a fixed daily rate for the duration of the adverts. This service is available for registered users only. User account holders wishing to purchase this service may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation, your name, e-mail address, address and payment information. Online payments are handled by a third-party payment provider and sensitive payment information are not received by theCarAdvertiser.com.
Our Service allows you to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, videos, or other material ("Content"). Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Plexos Ltd. theCarAdvertiser.com and its operators has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Plexos Ltd shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time without prior notice. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
Definitions and interpretation
User any website user, including registered user account holders (private or trader seller). Data collectively all information that you submit to Plexos Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws. Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the Cookies policy. Data Protection Laws any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK. GDPR the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. UK and EU Cookie Law the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Plexos Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Plexos Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and Website the website that you are currently using, theCarAdvertiser.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Plexos Ltd is the "data controller". This means that Plexos Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- No banking details are collected by theCarAdvertiser.com
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
Plexos Ltd will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Our use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- will make part of online adverts
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - (e.g. to review user accounts)
- third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website - (e.g. to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds)
Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- we use industry-standard encryption
- https protocol
- McAfee Secure integration
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you
- passwords can never be retrieved, only reset
- we do not collect banking details or sensitive financial information
- we never email or ask for password or any sensitive personal or financial information
- we do not collect unnecessary personal or business information
- we store your data on secure servers
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: mail@theCarAdvertiser.com.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: mail@theCarAdvertiser.com.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Plexos Ltd by email at mail@theCarAdvertiser.com.